Agroha is a town in Haryana state of northern India. Ancient structures, pot-shards, coins and seals have been found in archaeological excavations at the Agroha Mound. The Agarwal and Agrahari communities claim origin from Agroha. According to their legends, Agroha was the capital of their founder Agrasena. It is situated in Hisar district in between Hisar city and Fatehabad on NH 10. In 1976, the then Chief Minister of Haryana Banarsi Das Gupta started the development of Agroha under the banner of "Agroha Vikas Trust". A huge Temple of Maharaja Agrasen, Mata Lakshmi (Kuldevi of Agarwal and traders community) and Mata Saraswati was constructed there and which was inaugurated Rajiv Gandhi. Subsequently, Banarsi Das Gupta's initiatives led to the formation of Agroha Development Board. In first ever meeting, a decision was taken that in the name of Maharaja Agrasen “Maharaja Agrasen Medical College” will be established in Agroha. It was Shri Gupta’s persistence that the Haryana Government released 267 acres of land to the Agarwal Society for the Medical College, for just Re. 1 in lease. The Government also make an agreement with the society under which the Government decided to bear 50% of the development amount, and to hand over the managements to the Agarwal Society while contributing 99% of the maintenance fee; once the Medical College is developed. The remaining 1% is to be borne by the Agarwal Society. It was this agreement which increased the momentum of the development of the Medical College and the AGROHA. During the last 20 years Agroha Vikas Trust has done a lot of development of this Holy town, and a modern lodging and boarding facility is now available. A number of temples have been constructed in the Complex, including the Sheetla mata temple and Hanuman temple. A Medical and Engineering college is also present at Agroha.

Indian States

Andaman and Nicobar Islands Andhra Pradesh Arunachal Pradesh Assam Bihar Chhattisgarh Dadra and Nagar Haveli Daman and Diu Delhi Goa Gujarat Haryana Himachal Pradesh Jammu and Kashmir Jharkhand Karnataka Kerala Lakshadweep Madhya Pradesh Maharashtra Manipur Meghalaya Mizoram Nagaland Odisha Pondicherry Punjab Rajasthan Sikkim Tamil Nadu Telangana Tripura Uttar Pradesh Uttarakhand West Bengal
Who We Are

Opulent palaces, ancient forts and majestic structures greet you at every nook and corner of this majestic country. This rich history oozes out of all ancient structures and famous historical monuments in India. There are many beautiful and unexplored places in India, follow us to explore Famous Places in India.

Famous Places in India website visitors
Quick Links
Stay in Touch
Contact Us

Surathu Technologies, Kirlampudi, Andhra Pradesh, India.


© Famous Places in India, all rights reserved.

Designed and maintained by Surathu Technologies